When my hands and feet swelled up:

I was in hospital for 6 weeks as the doctors couldn't find out what was wrong. One morning I woke up with really painful hands and feet. As days went on my hands and feet swelled up as well as being extremly painful. They swelled up that much that I couldn't pick up my cup or my phone or a pen or my knife and fork or spoon, etc. The doctors got the rheumatologist to come see me who order a xray to be done on my hands and feet to look at my joints. 

The xray cane back normal not showing anything. Some days the nurses would fill my jug up with my juice and stick a straw in it so I could leave the jug sitting on the table but use the straw to drink out of the jug. And that's how I would have a drink as if I attempted to pick up my cup I would of dropped it. 

The doctors put me on naproxen for inflamation as it's a anti-inflammatory and to bring down the swelling and allowed me to have oramorph for pain relief, which once they both kicked in things started to feel a little bit better and you could see a tiny improvement. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stem cell transplant 1: week 4: recovery part 2:

Diagnosis:

Fighting so hard poem!