When I had a flexi-sigmoidoscopy: 11th december 19:

Place: quadram institute N&N
Time: 9am
Came out: 12-30noon (approx)

           What happened?
At 7am mum attempted to put the enema up my bottom. 

0730am I went to the toilet and passed some of what I needed too. 

0800am we left to be on our way to the hospital. When I got there I saw a nurse who asked me medical questions and for me to sign my concent forms,etc. I told him I didn't know if the enema mum did worked, due to the fact that hardly any of the enema liquid went in. 

He said that if I get in there and it's not clear enough when they put the camera up my bottom then they can enema me again using the flexi-sigmoid camera, but that means they will need to look at how far they can see first before I have any sedation as if I need another enema being sedated would make me wobbley on my feet and sleepy so I wouldn't be able to go to the toilet to clear my bowels.

So he put a canula in my right hand and I went into the procedure room. They checked how far they could get with the camera with me only on gas and air, it was quite painful as it made you have belly cramps. They got to my stigmoid and found a blockage of faeces, so the endoscopists descided ti give me another enema using the camera to give it. They then put me in recovery to wait for it to work. Once passed the faeces I needed to pass they took me back into the procedure room, this time I was allowed some sedation (midazolam 3mg IV and gas and air), they managed to see what they needed too this time but I had/felt slot of pressure which caused cramping in my belly and pain (It wasn't pleasant at all). Once finished I got taken to recovery again and the endoscopists confirmed that I have NO POLPS in my bowel (that's what they were checking for), which is fantastic news, YAY!!.

In recovery I got dressed and had to have 2 lots of obs done 15 minutes apart. My obs were okay apart from my heart rate was quick/fast, but they put that down to worrying and being anxious of having the procedure done. Then once all was ok I was called to be discharged.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stem cell transplant 1: week 4: recovery part 2:

Diagnosis:

My first bone marrow biopsy: