Stem cell transplant 1: week 3: recovery part 1:

Day 15: monday 13th august 18: 
Today I have a feeling my mucusitous is back ๐Ÿ˜ญ. A nurse said this morning that my neutrophils are 0.55 which means my immune system is growing again which is a good sign, but she said it's still very early. I had blood taken from my arm today so they can check my tacrolimus levels, my hickman line bled fine this morning again, I had my pre-meds and then had my ambisome IV infusion. My nutrients feed last night was ok, I ate a yoghurt, I'm still got blood in my urine. Later on I ate a vanilla muffin and then ate 1/2 of a chicken tikka and rice meal. The doctor came round and is happy with me, later I ate a tuna and mayo sandwich. The doctors then came round this evening and they said that they happy with me, I told them I feel like I have a sore throat so they are aware. Then later on I ate 1 packet of prawn cocktail crisps , had a strawberry milkshake and ate a yoghurt.

Day 16: tuesday 14th August 18: 
Last night I didn't sleep a wink last night as I was in alot of pain and discomfort from mucusitous. Today I ate a yoghurt and drank a milkshake and ate half a chicken royal and drank 3/4 of a kitkat milkshake from Burger King, I also ate 1/2 a cream cake mum and dad brought me as they come and visited me. I'm now on a pain relief syringe driver for my mucusitous. Dad shaved my hair off with his clippers. Last night I had my nutrients feed and  the nurse told me that ive put a bit of weight on since yesterday, later on I felt really sick and was badly sick, so tonight it was descided that i didn't  have  any nutrients feed tonight.

Day 17: Wednesday 15th august 18: 
Today I woke up really tired as I didn't sleep very well. I had my pre-meds and then my ambisome IV infusion, I also had IV paracetamol. I ate a spoonful of yoghurt, 1/2 a bowl of coco pops, then at lunchtime I at 3/4 of some shepherds pie. My mouth and tounge is extremly sore and I'm struggling to talk also. I slept alot today as I was really tired. I had 2 bloods transfusions and some more IV magnesium infusion. I'm having my nutrients feed tonight. My mucusitous is mega painful and the doctors have changed all my medication to liquid now due to the mucusitous. Later on I ate 1/2 of a yoghurt.

Day 18: Thursday 16th august 18: 
This morning my tummy really hurts, so it seems that it's really inflamed with the mucusitous. I was wobbley on my feet when having a wash and changing my clothes this morning. I ate 1 and  1/2 a peach yoghurts and another flavoured yoghurt. The nurses later came and taught me how to use the suction incase I felt I needed it. I had a platelet transfusion. My bowels have started to improve today which is good. My nutrients feed has now been put up to 87mls per hour for 21 hours a day, and I've also put a bit a weight on which is good.

Day 19: friday 17th August 18: 
Today I had my period stopper jab, I ate 3/4 of some shepherds pie. Today I felt a bit more alert as managed to have a sleep last night, but even so I'm still really tired today. I have nearly lost my voice completely due to the mucusitous, I had pre-meds and my ambisome IV infusion. My arms and legs killed in pain and my legs also kept spasming but we not sure why so the doctors have been told about it. Later I ate a yogurt. This morning I seem to have a bit of a cough. I've been using my push pump diahydmorphine which helps with my mucusitous pain. I had a IV fluid infusion and IV magnesium infusion aswell. I was badly sick again and I am struggling to walk also.

Day 20: saturday 18th august 18: 
Mum and Callum came up to visit me today. I managed to drink 1 glass of milk as my throat is so dry and I can't seem to get it moist/wet again. I have a comode against my bed to transfer with assistance to, and I can't speak so I am currently constantly writing on pieces of paper to communicate what i want or need to the nurses or anyone who comes to see me or talk to me. I'm being put on codeine for extra pain relief. My weight has gone up a bit today again which is good, I feeling itchy again,  today I had 2 ECGs at the early hours of the morning due to the fact I have a fast heart rate. I also passed 2 clots again, and I had a heat pack for my belly, I saw the doctor last night due to the fact I had a fast heart rate and I was feeling really itchy and I passed 2 clots. Also nurse Abbie held my hand to help me go to sleep as I was struggling to go to sleep.

Day 21:sunday 19th August 18: 
Having nurse Abbie hold my hand last night to help me go to sleep obviously worked as I had a bit of a nights sleep more than I have been. This morning the doctor said he is going to up my push button pain relief machine due to the fact he was thinking that having less pain due to more pain relief would make me more comfortable. A nurse helped me today by giving me a wash as I just felt too tired and lethargic to do it myself but I did manage to walk to the bathroom pushing the comode I had beside my hospital bed, just doing that knackered me out, I got dressed with assistance from the nurse and I then sat in my red armchair in my room. I managed to sit in the arm chair 2 times for several hours each time which is good. I haven't eaten anything today as I cannot swallow as it hurts, but I have had my IV nutrients feed and IV fluids. I had to have a magnesium IV infusion today. At 8pm I attempted to eat a small amount of yoghurt but I managed to eat 2 spoonfuls and then it just kept getting stuck ๐Ÿ˜ญ




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stem cell transplant 1: week 4: recovery part 2:

My first bone marrow biopsy:

Fighting so hard poem!