Stem cell transplant 1: week 2: transplant week

Day 8: monday 6th august 18:
I woke up, every nurse or anyone else that came in my room I kept getting anxious and saying "your not taking me are you?", Mum came up while  I was down having my NJ inserted. About 12noon I finally had it fitted. Mum who was back on the ward waiting in my room for me to come back was getting worried about me as I still wasn't back on the ward at 12:15noon, 5mins later I arrived to my room back on the ward. I was so extremely happy to see mum sat there waiting for me. Having the NJ tube felt strange when I swallowed, when i scrunched my nose or even sneezed. Later on i ate 2 strawberry yoghurts which I actually fancied for once. The ward has a beautician that comes around and she painted my nails. I then tried to  watch a small bit of tv with mum. Later on the doctors decided to try a small amount of ambisome chemo drug again with pre-medication before hand. The nurses came and connected me to a 24/7 tacrolimus infusion via IV pump ready for when I am given my stem cells as tacrolimus is a medication that stops my body rejecting the transplanted stem cells.

Day 9: tuesday 7th august 18: 
Stem cell transplant day!!!! Yayyy!!
I woke up today knowing that today is the day I get given my new stem cells. It feels extremly overwhelming even though nothing exciting is happening apart from having the stem cells given to me via a transfusion. The dietician came and spoke to me today about my eating and said that I'm going to have night time feed of nutrients because my eating isn't great. I struggled taking my capsule tablets today so the doctors sorting it. The doctor put me on a potassium tablet as my diarrhoea made my potassium a little low. Mum and dad visited. I had the stem cells given to my via a transfusion which took 30 mins to go through. Today I ate 2 packets of crisps and a yoghurt and gravy bread. Tonight i had my nutrients feed.

Day 10: wednesday 8th august 18:
Today i woke up very tired and i think it's because when i was having my nutrients feed you have to lay at a 45° angle, my tummy felt full this morning but I still managed to eat 1 slice of bread with gravy (gravy bread), 1/2 jacket potato and gravy with 1 slice of bread. The doctors are happy that my potassium has come up so I don't need to drink that horrible drink that tastes like vinegar. The dietician told me she happy with me.

Day 11: thursday 9th august 18:
Today I had to have my blood taken from my arms to see how much tacrolimus is in my blood. I had my nutrients feed last night, today I ate 1 yoghurt first thing and then another yoghurt later and then I ate 1/2 tomato soup with 1 piece of bread. I had to have a xray tonight to see where my NJ tube is sitting inside me. So I had no nutrients tonight.

Day 12: friday 10th august 18:
Today my hickman line bled fine for a change. The xray results said that my NJ tube is in my tummy which it shouldn't be but doctors said where it is is fine and can still be used. Today I ate 1 yoghurt, 1 packet of crisps and a tuna and mayo sandwich. I had my duvet on my hospital bed today as I was cold. I spoke to a nurse about having a Burger King without lettuce and if I got it freshly made and she said yes that would be okay if its freshly cooked and has no salad in it. I slept alot today, I had to have some more ambisome with some pre-meds which luckly I was okay with, as the pre-meds stopped me having a major allergic reaction to the ambisome. Tacrolimus levels are okay today. Also today I ate 2 strawberry yoghurts. 

Day 13: Saturday 11th august 18:
Last night the dietician upped my nutrients feed to 45ml per hour instead of 25ml. I ate 1 yoghurt today and ate 1/2 salmon in cheese sauce and new potatoes. I saw the doctor and they said my magnesium a bit low and they going to review it tomorrow! But doctors happy with how I am, and the nurses are too. My hickman line bled fine today. I was allowed to flush my NJ tube on my own with a nurse watching me making sure I was doing it properly. 1912pm a nurse took me off my IV tacrolimus as my bloods are showing I've got enough tacrolimus in my body untill monday, I had blood in my pad and urine again so I told the nurse who said she will speak to the doctor. The doctor said they sure it's to do with my period stopper jab I have (which is where the jab puts your ovaries to sleep like early menopause). I also ate another strawberry yoghurt. 

Day 14: sunday 12th August 18: 
Today I woke up quite awake, i had a faeces accident in the night, i ate a yoghurt, and the nurses managed to get my hickman line to bleed fine, seems as though my hair is falling out again, I then ate 3/4 of a chicken tikka and rice meal and I had my magnesium IV drip on as my magnesium is a bit low. My platelet count is 8 so got to have a platelet transfusion, I found little bruise things on my legs, i later ate a vanilla muffin and 1/2 blueberry muffin but i didn't like the blueberry one very much, i then ate a bag of crisps and another yoghurt. My nutrients feed at night has been upped to 55mls per hour as eating but still losing weight, I had my NJ tube dressing changed so it was more comfortable on my face, I still having blood in my urine still and I've still got diahorrea.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stem cell transplant 1: week 4: recovery part 2:

Diagnosis:

Fighting so hard poem!