Emergancy hospital appointment: 26th November 19

Woke up at 8am, had my medicine, checked my temperature like I do every morning at 0830am it was 37.7°c so I rang the 24/7 emergancy haematology line (which I have to do if my temperature over 37.5°c). The nurse who picked up the phone said to check my temperature in 30 minutes and ring back. 30 minutes later my temperature was 37.4°c rang back the nurse and she told me the doctors wanted to check me over anyways so to come up to the hospital. I noticed that when I went for a wee straight away afterwards it felt like I needed another one and that my bladder was really full when it wasn't and that where my picc line was in my arm it looked like there was puss under the scabs and looked a bit manly and also my right armpit was sore which made me worry as when my hair started to grow back before I ended up having a abscess in my right armpit from a ingrown hair so I told the nurse this aswell. So I got dressed and me and mum made our way to the hospital via our village shop to get some cranberry juice for me to drink on the way as if I have a urine infection (UTI) it would help it get better.

I drank lots on the way to the hospital as when I got to the hospital the nurse wanted a urine sample from me. I then had my obs done and bloods taken, my blood were ok, another nurse checked my heart rate and it was going ridiculously fast so the nurse ordered a emergancy ECG to have done where I was in clinic. The cardiologist came down and did my ECG, and it was showing tackycardic. The cardiologist said that she was extremely impressed how fast my heart rate going and asked me "can you feel your heart pumping out of your chest?", and I said "luckily I can't as I think I would panic". 

Then I saw the doctor who checked me over, they swabbed my picc line where it was manky, and said that he thinks I have a UTI and possibly a infection in my picc line wound. He said that he was going to speak to my consultant to get a second opinion of what to do next regarding whether to put me on oral antibodics so I can stay at home or admit me into hospital for a course of IV antibodics. He then came back and said that hes going to prescribe me oral antibiotics for now but if things don't improve I'll have to be admitted into hospital and have IV antibodics. 

Luckly the oral antibodics worked and my UTI cleared up!!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stem cell transplant 1: week 4: recovery part 2:

Diagnosis:

Fighting so hard poem!