Before diagnosis:


I used to work as a carer for elderly people with dementia, I used to do 32 hours a week as well as over time, I used to love being normal used to complain about how little things used to bother me, inused to catch the common cold and fight it and think that I was a dying duck, i used to go out on my own and see my friends and do things normal people do. Then I got poorly:

                   This is how my journey begins:

Christmas 2017 I kept getting colds and flu continuously every week I was in the doctors surgery complaining I was unwell and getting given medicine and getting asked what job I do, I told the doctor and he was like that is the reason you proberly picked up the cold etc, then I got bit by a spider (dont ask me how that happened as i dont know But i did), then in march 2018 i got pneumonia and got told i needed 24/7 bed rest at home, given antibodics. I then finished my antibodics and was still feeling rubbish, I had alot of aching in my chest from the pneumonia and it also still felt to me likenthere was something not right, I went back to the doctors and my doctor I saw told me that my pneumonia should of gone with the medication I was on and my chest xray confirmed this, I was then told that my I proberly pulled my chest from coughing and the pneumonia itself.

Then the weekend came and I look white as a sheet, I felt tired and weak, but I went to see my family in swaffham on the saturday still, my auntie commented how white I looked and said "your not going to collapse on us are you" as we was walking up town and I went "no i dont think so I'm just tired but I'll be fine".

Tuesday came and i had to go to work to get taken to fire marshall training at another sister home to the one in work at, I went with 2 collages of mine, by this point I felt so tired and still looked white as a sheet, I also noticed I had small little red spots that was showing on my skin but there was no bumps on the area that was on my arm so it must of been under the skin, I personally thought I might of caught my skin somewhere and that caused the mark but little did I know it wasnt. Also that morning i felt a small round hard lump spear under my left ear which was making my ear hurt and mouth hurt, i personally thought it was a ear infection or an abscess but as i had work training i couldn't get myself in the doctors till the Wednesday, so I toke co-odamal and got on with my day. When i got back from my training and i got home i still felt really sleepy and tired, so i got home and went to sleep, i slept all day and all night and even though I tried to wake up I just couldn't wake up fully I just so badly needed to sleep that when I did wake up I didnt feel like I'd slept at all.

Wednesday 11th april 2018: I said to mum that I'm going to get into the doctors, so I got a appointment and saw a different doctor who I also knew and he checked me over asked me lots of questions, like how I'm feeling etc, I showed him my little red marks and he noticed how white I was, he got me to lay on the bed thing and he checked me over head to toe, wobbling my legs and arms etc as he was checking me all he didnt say much, he then said I'll have a look at your notes to see what your last blood test says from when you had pneumonia and I was like ok.

After he had  look and said I just need to make a phone call, he asked me to sit in the waiting room, he also went to the doctor I saw the friday before to ask his opinion. He then called me back in, he said I'm going to send you up the hospital for a blood test, as your last bloods you had taken when you had pneumonia say you are anemic and you have low platelets. He said it could mean you need some iron deficiency medication or you could have a infection somewhere but you need to have your blood done to check.

I rang mum and told her that she needed to take me to hospital, mum wasnt happy as she doesnt do sympathy and she had to take my younger cousin to a different hospital in a couple of hours.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stem cell transplant 1: week 4: recovery part 2:

Diagnosis:

Fighting so hard poem!